Thursday, January 04, 2007

Full Day Kindergarten

The News Sentinel reported that some group has done a survey of Indiana Citizens on Full Day Kindergarten. I have spoken with people in Warsaw, Roanoke, Huntington and Fort Wayne about this and not one supported the idea. I truly question the accuracy of this survey. If anyone is able to find a link to it, please respond to this and let me know.

I ask that all write editorial and contact their representatives voicing their concern and opposition to this proposal. There is no evidence that full day kindergarten improves student performance past fifth grade. It may give them a step up, but they loose it over the next five years as others catch up. Maybe they should read the story about the tortouse and the hair.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The state should force school districts to have the option of half day kindergarten. It is about time to allow our kids to be kids.

It appears to me that Full day Kindergarten is an attempt to force more school on our children. The Kindergarten curriculum today matches what I had when I was in 1st grade in the 1970s.

Fort Wayne parent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002