Friday, March 24, 2006

The Good Old Boy Network is Alive!!!

The Allen County Republican Headquarters allows republican candidates to place campaign material inside on tables. They also will place campaign signs in the windows. In 2004 I dropped off my material and three campaign signs. They said nothing at the time, but did not put them up. In 2006 I paid my dues and left my flyer and a few buttons on the table out front next to Mark Souder’s material. Today I went by to drop off three campaign signs. I was told my material was not allowed because it makes a “statement.” They do not allow any material that makes a statement.

With this said, what then can be placed in windows or tables within the Allen County Republican Headquarters? Certainly if you have a position that has a box with a check mark, this means vote for me. Is this not a statement? Then there are the flyers themselves. Those that have issues are making statements as well.

I was upset when I left carrying my three signs when I passed a young man crossing the street. By chance I just asked his opinion of my sign. Did it make a statement? His response was that I was raising an important issue and hoped I would continue to do so. Is an issue the same thing as a statement? Can a statement be an issue?

First the media presents me, as a one-issue candidate meaning that Social Security is my issue. The Republican Party now says my issue is a statement. I guess President Bush would not be allowed to place his plan for Social Security in the Allen County Republican Headquarters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002