Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Caynon Cliffs

I really have no input or concern with Canyon Cliffs. The only thing I find interesting is that a group of people want to dictate what a person can or cannot do with their property.

We all disdain imminent domain. However, is this not what the public is trying to do with Canyon Cliffs? Along the coastal areas of the US many states, counties and local communities attempt to limit building in order to preserve the beauty of the area. The problem is someone owns the property and the courts have ruled that limiting their ability to develop or use the property for its intended purpose is the same thing as taking property without just compensation.

Do not get me wrong, I love nature and preserving woods. The problem is we the people do not own this particular track of land. Based on what I have read and all the out cry over this development, I think the best thing those who are opposed to this development can do is to combine their resources and buy the property.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002