Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Writing Skills and Blogging

Blogging may be the best thing to have come along to improve writing skills in a long time. How many people who blog write letters, editorials, reports, etc on a routine basis? It may be that only those who participate in blogs, were individuals with good writing skills. However, for me, my writing has always been a challenge. Sure I have written technical reports with thousands of pages, but they are dry and un interesting. Come to think, my writing may not have improved at all with blogging.

Blogging allows a person to express their thoughts. Clear and concise writing is best in blogging. Leo Morris does a great job, short, sweet and to the point. He is able to convey what he wants to communicate in few words. This keeps people interested.

However, I myself, cannot not even come up with a 1 minute sound bite. As one person wrote, no wonder I do not use radio or TV, there is no such thing as a 60 minute sound bite.

However, I feel blogging has helped me to write more concisely on more topics than ever before. Do you feel blogging to be beneficial to your writing skills?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002