Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Military Messed up

The Federal Voting Assistance Program helps our military men and woman obtain information on candidates from their states. In 2002 I was made aware of this program. Each candidate is sent a PIN number to access a recording machine. The candidate leaves a taped message that military personnel can listen to toll free. I think this is a good program and attempts to get information to our men and women in the military who are not stationed locally.

I left messages in 2002 and 2004, but had not received any information this primary season. I finally was able to track down the phone number and person to call and asked about this program. It turns out that for some unknown reason a glitch in the program did not send out Indiana's envelopes to candidates containing our PIN and phone numbers. I only wish I had found this error sooner. Out of all the candidates in Indiana, not one called about this important source of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002