Saturday, March 08, 2008

My long lapse from blogging

It has been a while since I posted or participated on any blog. It is not that I have not wanted to, but rather that I have been busy focusing my attention to other matters. For nearly twenty years I have had an on going disagreement with the IRS over the interpretation of a particular Statute. The IRS interpreted the statute in a manner that required those eligible for a Social Security Account Number to apply for a SSN and to deny an identifying number to those who were eligible for a SSN.

On February 11, 2008 after long and tedious communications, the IRS capitulated without not even so much as a statement before the US Tax Court. I made a short statement before the court. When finished the Judge stated; “We take for granted a Social Security Account Number is required, but in fact it is voluntary.”

I have learned more about law than I really wanted to know, but in these past twenty years, I have read hundreds if not thousands of cases, which have opened my eyes and increased my knowledge.

I have now focused my attention on the State of Indiana in regards to the denial of state ID’s and Driver’s licenses to those who do not have and do not want a SSN and are US Citizens. The real ID act does not authorize nor require the State of Indiana to deny a State ID or Driver’s license to those who do not have a SSN. However, it does require that any ID issued by a State that does not conform to the primary documentation be so identified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



NBC-33 Debate poll results from 2002